The Star From Afar is a family tradition that celebrates the true meaning of Christmas. This item comes with a hardcover book, a 14-piece colorful wooden nativity set, and a wooden star. This fun hide-n-seek game encourages children to go on a hunt for their Star, similar to that of the Wise Men. Every night the Star is hidden in the child’s home. The next morning the child will search high and low until they locate it. Once they have found their Star they move all Three Wise Men to the star’s location. They will repeat this over and over again until Christmas morning when the star will be found on top of the stable above baby Jesus!
How to Play
“The Christmas Star From Afar” encourages children to go on a hunt for their Star, similar to that of the Wise Men. Every day the Star is hidden and the children participate in a fun hide-and-seek game to locate it. Once they have found their Star they move all Three Wise Men to its location. On Christmas morning the Three Wise Men reach their final destination when the Star is found at the stable with the newborn baby Jesus. The activity book includes a wooden Star, a full wooden nativity scene that matches the artwork of the book, and optional scripture to use throughout the month.
Follow the Star
- Set up your nativity
- Hide the Star every night
- Once your children find the Star move all Three Wise Men to its location
- Read the optional scripture
- On Christmas Eve place your Star on the top of your nativity stable
- On Christmas morning your Three Wise Men reach the nativity scene and find their king, baby Jesus!
- You can easily combine the “Star From Afar” with other traditions your family participates in. Consider placing a little surprise or sweet with your Star every day to make this fun game more like an Advent Calendar.